Shakes / Smoothies
- 8 oz - Almond Milk or Protein Milk
- Fill to the 8 mark on the outside of black shaker bottle. I typically use 8 oz so its not too sweet with all the supplements. But you can add more or less based on your taste. Just play around with it
- Use Almond Milk for thinner consistancy
- Use Protein Milk for thicker consistancy. If too thick, you can always just add some water to thin it out some
- 1 - Scoop Protein Powder (Vanilla or Banana)
- 1 - Scoop Collagen Peptides
- 1 - Small Drop MCT Oil
- Slowly add more as you use it regularly once your body is used to it. Too much will put you on the toilet all day lol
- Add to granola cereal
- Add any of the frozen fruits and you got a bangin smoothie. You can also add granola too.
- If bananas start to get brown spots on them, remove the banana peel and cut it in half. Then put it in a ziploc bag or tupperware and place it in the freezer. Bananas will last longer and you can also put them into your smoothies. We use a half banana per smoothie to give it that natural sweetness. So for both Mindy and I, we would use a whole banana. Bananas go with everything :)
This is your base. You can use this for everything:
- 1 or 1.5 Hand full of salad mix
- Pile the salad mix onto your cutting board or whatever. Use a larger knife/blade to cut the salad maybe 3 or 4 times. This just breaks it up and makes it easier to eat.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (only a little. like maybe a splish)
- Sesame Oil (only a little. like a splash)
- The taste of this is overpowering. So dont use too much of it. If I had to guess, maybe 1 teaspoon? Tablespoon will be too much.
- Asian chilli sauce (the one in the jar with the cock on it. not siracha lol)
- Depends how spicy you want it. If I had to guess, maybe 1 teaspoon? But obviously add more if you like dat fya.
- Salt (only a little. like a sprinkle)
- Black Pepper (only a little but you can add as much as you want)
Use a little bit of each of these ingredients. Then toss your salad ;) and taste it :P Add more of the ingredients to tweak the taste to your liking.
Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Be sure to pull the chicken breast out of the freezer. Either the night before and keep it in the fridge.... or the morning of and thaw in sink.
- Put chicken breast into Insta-Pot
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar (only a little. like maybe a splish)
- This helps break up the chicken a little while cooking.
- Green or Red Salsa (about 50% or 60% of salsa per chicken breast)
- Add to Insta-Pot with chicken breast. There's really no set amount to add. Just make sure most of the chicken is surrounded by the salsa
- Add any other seasonings that you want – (cumin, salt, pepper, etc.) or chopped up vegetables (onions, garlic, etc.) This really may not make a huge difference in taste as the salsa is the key ingredient here.
- Cook for 20 - 30 min. on High Pressure
- Open Insta-Pot and check chicken with 2 forks. You should be able to pull the chicken apart easily into pieces - like shredded chicken. If not, just cook for an additional 5 mins.
- Heat up tortilla shells. I usually heat up one at a time as I eat.
- Spread Tofutti sour cream (blue and white plastic container) on tortilla shell once warm and ready to eat
- Place pieces of shredded chicken into tortilla (don't put too much and fill tortilla. gotta save room for toppings ;P)
- Use spoon full of other red fresh salsa (plastic container) on top of chicken
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top
- Sprinkle some shredded lettue on top