Shakes / Smoothies
- 8 oz - Almond Milk or Protein Milk
- Fill to the 8 mark on the outside of black shaker bottle. I typically use 8 oz so its not too sweet with all the supplements. But you can add more or less based on your taste. Just play around with it
- Use Almond Milk for thinner consistancy
- Use Protein Milk for thicker consistancy. If too thick, you can always just add some water to thin it out some
- 1 - Scoop Protein Powder (Vanilla or Banana)
- 1 - Scoop Collagen Peptides
- 1 - Small Drop MCT Oil
- Slowly add more as you use it regularly once your body is used to it. Too much will put you on the toilet all day lol
This is your base. You can use this for everything:
- Add to granola cereal
- Add any of the frozen fruits and you got a bangin smoothie. You can also add granola too.
- If bananas start to get brown spots on them, remove the banana peel and cut it in half. Then put it in a ziploc bag or tupperware and place it in the freezer. Bananas will last longer and you can also put them into your smoothies. We use a half banana per smoothie to give it that natural sweetness. So for both Mindy and I, we would use a whole banana. Bananas go with everything :)
- 1 or 1.5 Hand full of salad mix
- Pile the salad mix onto your cutting board or whatever. Use a larger knife/blade to cut the salad maybe 3 or 4 times. This just breaks it up and makes it easier to eat.
- Apple Cider Vinegar (only a little. like maybe a splish)
- Sesame Oil (only a little. like a splash)
- The taste of this is overpowering. So dont use too much of it. If I had to guess, maybe 1 teaspoon? Tablespoon will be too much.
- Asian chilli sauce (the one in the jar with the cock on it. not siracha lol)
- Depends how spicy you want it. If I had to guess, maybe 1 teaspoon? But obviously add more if you like dat fya.
- Salt (only a little. like a sprinkle)
- Black Pepper (only a little but you can add as much as you want)
Use a little bit of each of these ingredients. Then toss your salad ;) and taste it :P Add more of the ingredients to tweak the taste to your liking.
Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 1 Chicken Breast
- Be sure to pull the chicken breast out of the freezer. Either the night before and keep it in the fridge.... or the morning of and thaw in sink.
- Put chicken breast into Insta-Pot
- Add Apple Cider Vinegar (only a little. like maybe a splish)
- This helps break up the chicken a little while cooking.
- Green or Red Salsa (about 50% or 60% of salsa per chicken breast)
- Add to Insta-Pot with chicken breast. There's really no set amount to add. Just make sure most of the chicken is surrounded by the salsa
- Add any other seasonings that you want – (cumin, salt, pepper, etc.) or chopped up vegetables (onions, garlic, etc.) This really may not make a huge difference in taste as the salsa is the key ingredient here.
- Cook for 20 - 30 min. on High Pressure
- Open Insta-Pot and check chicken with 2 forks. You should be able to pull the chicken apart easily into pieces - like shredded chicken. If not, just cook for an additional 5 mins.
- Heat up tortilla shells. I usually heat up one at a time as I eat.
- Spread Tofutti sour cream (blue and white plastic container) on tortilla shell once warm and ready to eat
- Place pieces of shredded chicken into tortilla (don't put too much and fill tortilla. gotta save room for toppings ;P)
- Use spoon full of other red fresh salsa (plastic container) on top of chicken
- Sprinkle some shredded cheese on top
- Sprinkle some shredded lettue on top
Boom. You got easy shredded chicken tacos ;)